What is a helical antenna or propeller antenna is one whose construction is formed by a helix-wrapped conductor of its second name.
It has a solenoid shape and its origin comes from the vertical monopole antenna.
A solenoid is a physical device that is capable of creating a uniform magnetic field.
One of the typical basic solenoids is a coil or a transformer that is applied to an antenna.
1 ⇒ Broadband
- The helical antenna has a large bandwidth.
- A propeller is the result of winding a thread on a cylinder object.
2 ⇒ Helix Geometry
- Coil Diameter.
- Separation between two consecutive turns.
- Turn number the propeller has.
- Thread Diameter.
- Winding direction (Right or Left).
3 ⇒ Circular type polarization.
- The direction of rotation is defined by the driver (Right or Left).
1 ⇒ Depending on the size of the propeller
- There are two basic helical antenna modes.
- Normal mode: it is the antenna built on a ground plane.
- Axial Mode: it has great directivity and high bandwidth.
1 ⇒ Antena para radio
- For portable radio.
2 ⇒ Satellite reception antenna.
- These have application in reception of satellite signal and operate in frequencies that comprise 1575.42 MHz.
- Antenna is circular polarization.
The turns are separated a little less than the propeller.
3 ⇒ HALO antenna.
- It is a helical antenna.
- This is basically used in the VHF reception.
- They are omnidirectional antennas.
- They offer good profits.
Properties of the helical antenna
1 ⇒ Polarization.
- The polarization of the helix antenna is circular (vertical or horizontal in equal parts).
2 ⇒ Impedance.
- These antenna offer low impedance and must be adapted to transmitters with impedance adapters.
3 ⇒ Resonance.
- It is a resonant antenna at the basic or fundamental frequencies.
Helical antenna dimensions
1 ⇒ Helical dimensions are given by acronyms.
- D = helical diameter “Center to center of conductor”.
- C = circumference perimeter “ΠD”.
- S = Space between turns “center to center of the driver”.
- ∝ = It is the elevation angle “tan-1 / ΠD”.
- L = Length of one turn.
- n = Number of turns.
- A = Axial length “nS”.
- d = helical conductor diameter.
- G = The diameter of the ground plane.
TV Antenna List
First of all, if you don’t have a TV antenna in your home, we leave you an antenna list so you can tune into the TV channels of your country or region.
In the JM Actualidades channel we have antenna manufacturing videos for every need, so visit the YouTube channel.
- A- What is a helical antenna?.
- B- helical antenna features?.
- C- How to program wifi to lg tv for antenna?.
- D- buy helical antenna?.
- E- how to calculate the gain of a helical antenna?.
- F- vhf helical antenna?.
You need more information, you can find it in the following article on Antenna.