How to make tv antenna from coaxial cable using splitter we will have a directional yagi. We want to make the most of the materials.
We want to make the most of the materials we have at home to make a homemade antenna.I will show you how we can make an antenna using coaxial cable, a splitter tv and connectors for the cable
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED WE WILL LEAVE A LINK TO OBTAIN THE MEASURES WITH A DRAWING MADE IN AUTOCAD.
How to make tv antenna from coaxial cable “accessories”
1 ⇒ Coaxial cable for tv.
- You need to look for a coaxial cable to be able to build the antenna elements.
- We need about 1 meter of the coaxial cable tv.
2 ⇒ Splitter for tv.
- Look for a tv splitter from an old connection made by cable tv company.
- splitter data one input and two output.
- Preferably from 5 to 900 Mhz.
- We will use the same to place the dipoles of the antenna for home tv.
3 ⇒ RG connectors.
- We will use a pair of RG connectors for coaxial tv cable.
“TOOLS”: How to make tv antenna from coaxial cable
1 ⇒ Electric clamp
- Cutting tool to prepare the coaxial cable.
2 ⇒ Cutting blade
- Cutting utensil.
- With the blade we will cut the materials.
3 ⇒ Tape measure
- Instrument used to measure.
- Measure the coaxial cable.
HOW TO MAKE THE HOME ANTENNA FOR TV
1 ⇒ Cut the coaxial cable.
- Cut the coaxial cable in different parts, next we will offer you the amount of cut with its measurements.
- Perform two Coaxial Cable Cut, both 30 cm in length.
Cut the coaxial cable.
- Now ship the excess coaxial cable and cut two cables to a size of 20 cm each.
2 ⇒ Install RG connectors.
- We are going to place the two RG connectors on each end of the 30 cm coaxial cable.
- Use the cutting blade to strip the ends.
- Place the RG connectors.
3 ⇒ 30 cm coaxial cable.
- We will take the 30 cm coaxial cable.
- We measure from 15 cm from the RG connector and make a cut of the black cover, the mesh and dielectric.
- Carry out this operation with the other 30 cm coaxial cable.
- Home antenna for tv 15 cm
4 ⇒ Cut 30 cm coaxial cable.
- Now take the 30cm coaxial cable.
- We measure from 10 cm backwards from the cut looking for the RG connector.
- Cut the black cover only to find the mesh.
- Cut 2 similar pieces 2 mm wide.
- Home antenna for tv 10.0 cm
- Cortar 2 pedazos similares de 2 mm de ancho.
5 ⇒ Reflective coaxial cable of 20 cm.
- Select the 20 cm coaxial cable.
- We measure 5 cm of the cable.
- Cut and remove the cover and leave only the center conductor.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE HOME ANTENNA
1 ⇒ First.
- I take the prepared cable of 30 cm.
- Choose the 20 cm coaxial cable.
- Now find the cut line on the 30 cm cable and you should wind the end of the 20 cm cable cable that measures 5 cm.
- Roll it up tight and squeeze it should be at a 90 degree angle.
- This step is repeated with the other cable.
- View image.
- Reflector coaxial cable
2 ⇒ Second step.
- We take the coaxial cable and we are going to bend the bare central conductor.
- Now we verify the measurement of 15 cm.
- You should use the electric clamp.
- With the clamp we bend the cable 90 degrees, towards the reflector.
- We perform the same step with the other 30 cm cable.
3 ⇒ Splitter and antenna for home tv.
- Finally we place both dipole of the homemade tv antenna in the tv splitter.
- We screw both RG connectors into the outlet.
- Now we can test our antenna.
TV Antenna List
First of all, if you still do not have a TV antenna in your home, we leave you an antenna list so you can tune in to the TV channels in your country or region.
In the JM Actualidades channel we have antenna manufacturing videos for every need, so visit the YouTube channel.
- A- What is a helical antenna?.
- B- helical antenna characteristics?.
- C- How to program wifi to lg tv for antenna?.
- D- buy helical antenna?
- E- how to calculate the gain of a helical antenna?.
- F- vhf helical antenna?.
You need more information, you can find it in the following article about Antenna.